Mental health is as important as physical health and being healthy is not just about not being sick. being healthy is not just about not being sickbut to be in balance with ourselves, living stress-free, facing challenges with optimism and, ultimately, pursuing happiness and emotional well-being. And through these phrases, we will understand the importance of Psychiatry and preserving our mental health.
Phrases on Psychiatry and mental health
That is why it is so necessary to attend a psychological consultation when we feel overwhelmed by a situation or insecurity that is getting out of our hands. So now we show you the best phrases about the world of mental health to remember the importance of taking care of it.
1. Health is not a state of matter, but of mind (Mary Baker Eddy).
Part of our health is to have a mental well-being.
2. Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential to physical and mental health and happiness. (Louise Hart)
When we have high self-esteem, we are better able to cope with the stresses of everyday life.
3. He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything. (Arabic proverb)
Having health, we can be able to do anything.
4. Life is 10% what you experience and 90% how you respond to it.
Our perceptions of our experiences determine how we deal with the world.
5. Neither demons nor gods exist, they are all products of man’s psychic activities. (Sigmund Freud)
Monsters can dwell in our minds.
6. Most people don’t really want freedom, because freedom implies responsibility, and most people are afraid of responsibility. (Sigmund Freud)
In order to be able to do what we want, it is necessary to take responsibility for our decisions.
7. Happiness is nothing more than good health and bad memory. (Albert Schweitzer)
Sometimes you have to forget the bad things in order to move on.
8. Negative attitudes never result in a positive life. (Emma White)
For an optimistic life, a positive attitude is necessary.
9. Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more difficult to bear. (C. S. Lewis)
Mental pain is the same as phantom pain, it persists over time.
10. All the money in the world can’t bring you back to health. (Reba McEntire)
Health is a matter of responsibility and care, not money.
11. The analyst does nothing but return to the analysand (patient) his inverted message, as if it were a mirror (in which the analysand can recognize himself). (Jacques Lacan)
Therapy is a dual commitment between therapist and patient.
12. We can ignore the differences and assume that all our minds are the same. Or we can take advantage of these differences. (Howard Gardner)
Differences are our advantages, rather than impediments.
13. With the bitterness of illness we know the sweetness of health. (Catalan saying)
We appreciate what we have when we are threatened with losing it.
14. Some seek the comfort of their therapist’s office, others go to the corner bar and have a few beers, but I choose running as my therapy. (Dean Karnazes)
Everyone has their own way of dealing with problems.
15. The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system. (Robert C. Peale)
Daily exercise and a balanced diet is the best medicine.
16. Love is not as important as good health. You cannot love if you are not healthy. You don’t appreciate it. (Bryan Cranston)
Again we are reminded that health is vital to being able to accomplish the things we want to do.
17. Crowds always feed on psychic epidemics. (Carl Jung)
Referring to mass hysterias.
18. Follow your heart, but take your brain with you. (Alfred Adler)
Making good decisions is also a way to maintain our mental health.
19. Good health and good judgment are two of life’s greatest blessings. (Publilio Siro)
With a clear conscience we can put aside the mental pressures that affect our health.
20. Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It is a great taboo and needs to be faced and resolved. (Adam Ant)
Why is mental health care a taboo, when in fact it is an essential part of our lives?
21. The state of your life is but a reflection of the state of your mind. (Wayne Dyer)
A phrase that has all the truth in it.
22. I was born with good health and a strong body, but I spent years abusing them. (Ava Gardner)
There are times when we believe that nothing can happen to us and we abuse it.
23. The study of motivation must be, in part, the study of the ends, desires, or ultimate needs of the human being. (Abraham Maslow)
Motivation is what drives us to move forward.
24. Trusting yourself does not guarantee success, but failing to do so guarantees failure. (Albert Bandura)
When we are insecure, we may not be able to take full advantage of experiences.
25. It is the natural forces within us that truly cure disease (Hippocrates).
To be well, we must want to be well.
26. When you expose all of your inner self, you can live freely with nothing to hide. (Angela Hartlin)
It is good to show our strengths, but also to be honest with our weaknesses.
27. From our vulnerabilities come our strengths. (Sigmund Freud)
And speaking of weaknesses, the father of psychoanalysis shows us that they can evolve into strengths.
28. Health cannot be bought. However, it can be an incredibly valuable savings account. (Anne Wilson Schaef)
Health is invaluable.
29. A psychiatrist is a man who goes to the Folies Bergere and looks…at the audience. (Jean Rigaux)
An interesting insight into the work of the psychiatrist.
30. The body is our garden, the will is our gardener. (William Shakespeare)
When we have the will, we want to be well.
31. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control. (Robert Foster Bennett)
Controlling our emotions and reactions can help us improve our pace of life.
32. The mind has a great influence on the body, and diseases often have their origin there. (Jean Baptiste Molière)
It is surprising to know how many diseases are caused by mental exhaustion.
33. Maintaining good health should be the main objective of all of us. (Sangram Singh)
Optimal health should be a priority.
34. When we must make a choice and do not make it, it is already a choice. (William James)
Choices are all the things we do and avoid doing.
35. To ensure good health eat lightly, breathe deeply, live in moderation, cultivate cheerfulness and maintain an interest in life. (William Londen)
Small recipes that can make a big change.
Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do. (John Wooden)
There are things we cannot conquer, but these need not be limitations on what we can do.
37. Physical health is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the foundation of creative and dynamic intellectual activity. (John F. Kennedy)
If we have physical health, we can have good mental health.
38. You cannot take good health for granted (Jack Osbourne).
Health is necessary. It should never be disregarded.
39. If two individuals always agree on everything, I can be sure that one of them thinks for both of them. (Sigmund Freud)
There are those who are very easily influenced by others.
40. Sleep is the golden chain that binds health to our body. (Thomas Dekker)
A proper sleep routine is essential for rest and energy recovery.
41. Depression is the inability to build a future. (Rollo May)
Depression is a thief that steals life.
42. Investing in health will yield enormous returns. (Gro Harlem Brundtland)
Health care is a long-term investment.
43. In the midst of these difficult times, it is good health and proper sleep that we can enjoy most. (Knute Nelson)
Enjoying the simple things makes us fully appreciate life.
44. The mind does not dominate the body, but becomes the body. Body and mind are one. (Candace Pert)
The body and mind work together. That is why it is important to devote equal attention to both.
45. Without health life is not life, but only a state of languor and suffering, a copy of death. (Siddhartha Gautama)
Health is an indisputable synonym of life.
46. The punishment of every disordered mind is its own disorder. (Augustine of Hippo)
Chaos causes worry in our whole being.
47. Health is the greatest possession. Joy is the greatest treasure. Trust is the greatest friend. (Lao Tzu)
Health is our most valuable asset.
48. Happiness is the highest form of health. (Dalai Lama)
There is no doubt that when we are happy, we are healthier.
49. Success requires persistence, the ability not to give up in the face of failure. I believe that the optimistic style is the key to persistence. (Martin Seligman)
Optimism is the key to getting ahead.
50. Health is a state of complete harmony of body, mind and spirit. When we are free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the doors of the soul open. (B. K. S. Iyengar)
The cycle of health upon us.
51. What needs to be changed in a person is self-awareness. (Abraham Maslow)
The only way someone can get ahead is to give him back his self-confidence.
52. Maxim for life: You will be treated in life the way you teach people to treat you. (Wayne W. Dyer)
Only you can make yourself respected and become an example to follow.
53. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. (Wayne W. Dyer)
Our whole attitude is a matter of perception.
54. The state of your life is but a reflection of the state of your mind. (Wayne Dyer)
What is the state of your life at the present time?
55. A life without health is like a river without water. (Maxime Lagacé)
For life, it is necessary to have health.
56. Health and joy beget one another. (Joseph Addison)
If there is happiness, there is health. And vice versa.
57. The most important thing in sickness is never to lose heart. (Nikolai Lenin)
If there is a desire to get better, it can always be achieved.
58. Intelligence is what you use when you don’t know what to do. (Jean Piaget)
Intelligence is not reserved for the logical-mathematical field, but for our ability to adapt and solve problems.
59. The best way to achieve full mental health is to live in the present and accept yourself.
A great key to achieve peace within ourselves.
60. I should have the ability to be happy with myself, to be satisfied with who I am. Not as a queen, but with what I am. (Sena Jeter Naslund)
We should all have the ability to be happy with ourselves.
61. In a disordered mind, good health is impossible. (Marcus Tullius)
Worries only cause discomfort.
62. Satisfaction of the need for self-esteem leads to feelings of self-confidence, worth, strength, capacity and sufficiency, of being useful and necessary in the world. (Abraham Maslow)
Self-esteem awakens all feelings related to self-confidence.
63. The healthy and strong person is the one who asks for help when he needs it. (Rona Barrett)
We cannot always do everything by ourselves. But that does not make us weak.
64. People have worried about things for centuries, but not once has it had a positive effect on the outcome of a situation. (Lisa M. Schab)
Worrying too much has a detrimental effect on health.
65. Unexpressed emotions never die. They are buried alive and come out later in worse forms. (Sigmund Freud)
When we repress ourselves, emotions accumulate until they explode.
66. I believe the best gift you can give your family and the world is you in good health. (Joyce Meyer)
No one wants to see a loved one in a declining situation.
67. Knowledge of your own darkness is the best method of coping with other people’s darkness. (Carl Gustav Jung)
When we face our fears, it is possible to face any obstacle.
68. Sickness comes on horseback, but goes on foot. (Dutch saying)
To be well is a slow but sure process.
69. Obstacles are those fearful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. (Henry Ford)
When we are distracted from our goal, we fall into trouble.
70. People simply feel better about themselves when they are good at something.
When we discover that we are really good at something, our confidence increases.
71. Good humor is the health of the soul; sadness, the poison. (Philip Stanhope)
That is why we must never let ourselves be carried away by sadness.
72. Psychology, unlike chemistry, algebra or literature, is a manual for your own mind. It is a guide for life. (Daniel Goldstein)
A beautiful way of looking at psychology.
73. Take care of your body; it’s the only place you have to live. (Jim Rohn)
Not only do we live in this world, but we live through our bodies.
74. A fit body and a calm mind. These things cannot be bought. They have to be earned. (Naval Ravikant)
Health is worked for every day.
75. A mind cannot be understood without culture. (Lev Vygotsky)
The culture in which we develop influences the way we see the world.