Bringing up a topic of conversation with someone we’ve just met is no easy task, especially when we don’t know what to talk about with that person or how we can break the ice.
That’s why today we bring you a list of good questions for interesting conversationswith which you can easily start a conversation with friends or strangers.
- Related article: “20 conversation topics (ideal to break the ice)”.
Conversation questions (interesting and fun).
This selection of questions for conversation will help you to break the ice when you don’t know what to talk about with someone you’ve just met or is not very talkative.
1. What’s your favorite way to pass the time?
Even if it’s just doing nothing, we all have an activity we like to kill time with. This may be one of your first questions to ask someone you don’t know very well.
2. What’s the last song you listened to?
This simple question can give you a clue about the other person’s musical tastes and serves as a conversation starter about music and favorite bands. start a conversation about music and favorite bands..
3. What are you best at?
Everyone has a skill that stands out above the rest, whether it’s helpful or not. Find out what yours is.
4. What do you do or what do you study?
The classic “do you study or do you work”, with which we can start a conversation about studies, jobs and personal projects.
5. What three words best describe you?
A self-description can tell us a lot about what the person is like, and help us bring up a slightly deeper topic of conversation about each other.
6. What is your favorite series?
Nowadays series are very fashionable, so this is a good question to talk to someone, whether they are friends or strangers.
7. Do you like to read?
Another question that allows us to start a conversation is about reading tastes. If you like to read, you can continue talking about books.
8. What is your worst pet peeve?
To a greater or lesser extent, we all have our little pet peeves. Find out what his is.
9. And what are your pet peeves?
This is another interesting question to find out what might bother that person. Try not to ask it in front of them if you want them to like you!
- Related article: “50 awkward questions (to ask friends and partners)”.
10. What is your most absurd fear?
And we all have fears too. Some are very realistic, and then there are those that make no sense at all and are unlikely.
11. If you had to change your name, what other name would you choose?
A fun and interesting question to discuss with another person, suitable for both friends andA fun and interesting question to ask another person, suitable for both friends and people we have just met.
12. Where did you spend your last vacation?
This other question not only tells us if the person likes to travel, but you can also talk about whether he/she is more of a beach, mountain or city person.
13. What is your best childhood memory?
Childhood anecdotes are always a good topic to break the ice when we don’t know what to talk about.
14. What cartoons did you like when you were a child?
When we were kids we all spent hours in front of the TV with our favorite cartoons, and we could spend hours talking about them.
15. What is the app you use the most on your cell phone?
Nowadays most people spend hours in front of their smartphones. What do they waste most of their time on?
16. Could you live without a cell phone?
Another interesting conversation question is to find out how much living hooked to our cell phones affects us.
17. What country would you like to visit?
This is the classic question to ask someone who is eager to go on a trip, which allows you to talk about travel and other cultures. allows you to talk about travel and other cultures.
18. What is your greatest ambition?
Whether big or small, we all have plans for the future and goals we would like to achieve.
19. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
This is not so much a question to talk about books, but rather it tells us a lot about what the other person is like.
20. What is the best advice you have ever received?
We’ve all received some advice in our lives, some better, some worse. Which one would you share?
21. Who is the person you most admire?
It can be a friend, a family member, a teacher or your great idol. The idea is to talking about the values that this special person transmits to you..
22. What do you think is the best invention ever made?
This question can lead to interesting conversations about the progress of society and the needs of human beings.
23. If you could travel back in time, what era would you like to visit?
This curious question allows us to get to know a little more about the other person.
24. What food could you always eat without getting tired?
It seems a simple question, but it allows us to open the range of conversations about food and personal tastes of each one.
25. What things calm you down the most?
Another question to ask when you don’t know what to talk about can be what things calm the person down or help them relax.
26. Do you have good friends?
With this question we can find out what the social life of the person we are talking to is like.It allows us to bring up the issue of what you value in other people.
27. What has been your greatest influence?
There may be one person in our life who has influenced us and made us who we are. But it could also be a book or a movie.
28. What do you think about the current political landscape?
Not everyone likes to talk about politics, but current affairs can be an interesting topic to talk about and break the ice with.
29. What has been your worst experience?
Bad experiences are an interesting topic to talk about with someone else, and we can learn a lot from them.
30. If you could do anything you could imagine, what job would you have?
If you have enough imagination, this can become an original and fun question. an original and fun question..
31. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
This allows us to talk at length about each other’s favorite places, and we can even get to know new places.
32. If you won the lottery, what would you spend it on first?
With this question we can talk about each other’s values and how much importance we give to material things.
33. What was the last dream you remember?
We don’t always remember our dreams, but some of them remain engraved in our memory. Do you have any curious ones?
34. What was the best concert you have ever been to?
Another interesting question that allows us to talk about music and talk about favorite bands.
35. What is your favorite movie?
This other question can be linked to conversations about movies.For movie buffs, or about what they value most in a movie.
36. Have you ever done anything crazy for love?
Love is another of the great topics that can give a lot of conversation and it is interesting to know how far that person will go for it.
37. How many times have you been in love?
This other question allows us to talk about our love life and the relationships that have passed through our lives.
38. What would your perfect vacation be like?
We’ve already talked about your last vacation, but what would your best vacation be like?
39. What is the most illegal thing you have ever done?
If the other person dares to answer, this can be an interesting question to talk about values. interesting question to discuss values and crimes. and crimes.
40. If you could indulge yourself right now, what would it be?
To a greater or lesser extent, we all have our little whims. Which one would you indulge in if you could?
41. What city would you like to live in?
If we already know where that person lives, an interesting question to ask is where else he/she would like to live.
42. What superpower would you like to have?
This question can be a lot of fun and it can also tell us a lot about the other person.
43. If you were famous for something, what would it be?
For writing a book, for a record broken, for a crime? Let yourself be surprised by the possible answers.
44. Would you like to be a youtuber?
Youtubers are very fashionable, but at the end of the day anyone can become one. The question is, would you want to?
45. What website do you spend the most time on?
Depending on who you are talking to, this question can be a bit awkward, but it can make for a very interesting conversation.
46. What is the question that bothers you the most?
Hopefully the answer is none of the ones we have asked.
47. What question would you like to know the answer to?
If you could know anything, what would you want to know? Give it some imagination.
48. How do you see yourself in 5 years?
This is a very a very interesting conversation questionThis is a very interesting conversation question, because through it we can get to know the other person better.
49. What has been your best experience so far?
We have talked about bad experiences, but it is also interesting to ask about the good ones.
50. And what would you like to be the best experience in the future?
What incredible experiences would the other person like to experience? Sometimes the simplest ones are the best.
- Related article: “50 questions to get to know a person better”.
51. What kind of people do you admire the most?
A good time to know what are the values of our interlocutor.
52. What kind of people do you hate the most?
Same as above, but in a negative sense.
53. Where does your motivation to face the day to day come from?
A more intimate question to find out where the strength that helps you get up every morning comes from.
54. What was the day you spent the most money?
It could be for the purchase of an apartment or a car, or simply for having wasted a good sum of money on something foolish.
55. What do you think is your biggest flaw?
We all have faults. And talking about them will not only make us seem more human, but we will surely laugh at our own.
56. And your greatest virtue?
And just as we have faults, we have virtues. It is very interesting to see what people think of themselves in terms of positive aspects.
57. What do you think about pineapple on pizza?
A question that unites or separates forever. Team pineapple or team no pineapple? No pineapple, please.
58. Would you travel to Mars?
The future when we can travel to the Red Planet is getting closer and closer. But would you go? What if it was a one-way trip?
59. What has been your funniest party anecdote?
The night confuses us. Usually. And we all have anecdotes that are, to say the least, amusing.
60. How many times have you vowed never to drink again?
After a night of partying and drinking, comes the hangover the day after and the promise of “I’ll never drink again.” Ask to see how many times that has been promised. Ask to see how many times that has been promised. Two? Ten? Nine hundred and ninety thousand?
61. What famous person would you want to be?
If you could step into the body of a celebrity and live your life, who would you choose? Think long and hard about the answer.
62. If a genie allowed you to make three wishes, what would they be?
If she is smart and says “infinite wishes,” that person has business acumen. Keep them close in your life.
63. Sea or mountain?
Or both? Deciding between the beach and the mountains is not easy, but it can make for a nice conversation.
64. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
We have all seen a movie that has made us rethink our lives (for the worse). Talking about bad movies is always fun.
65. Do you play sports?
A question to find out if you follow a healthy lifestyle and even to see if you share sports hobbies.
66. Do you think you eat healthy?
He’s going to say yes even if he plans to go home for pizza, but it’s a good question.
67. Have you ever been caught doing it?
If there is trust, a good question to bring up anecdotes to have a good time with.
68. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
“Mission Impossible”, “Inglourious Basterds”, “No Country for Old Men”, “Ghostbusters”? The possibilities are immense. Let’s use our imagination.
69. Do you prefer an apartment or a house?
An interesting question to discuss whether the comfort of an apartment in the city or the tranquility of a house is better.
70. Salty or sweet?
We are all more savory or sweet. And the answer to this question says a lot about a person. Well, it doesn’t. But it’s good to know.