Many times we meet people we trust or like and would like to become friends with them. Other times we already have a certain degree of friendship but would like to become more intimate. Whatever your case is, we are sure you are interested in knowing these questions to get to know a person better and to get to know them better. questions to get to know a person better and learn more about him or her.
These questions can also be useful to break the ice in situations of awkward silence with someone or to bring up new topics of conversation.
Questions to get to know someone better
Remember to ask them in moderation so as not to overwhelm the other person, lest the only thing you discover is that you tire him or her.
1. If you could choose any place, where would you like to live?
This simple question can tell us a lot about a person.. What countries or cultures attract him/her, if he/she is more of the sea or the mountains, the countryside or the city?
2. What are you really afraid of?
This is one of the most important questions to get to know a person better, as it allows us to delve into the other person’s feelings and leads to deeper conversations.
3. What is your favorite book?
With this question we can find out if reading is one of their hobbies and it will tell us a lot about their tastes.
4. If you had to choose only one song you like, what would it be?
If we ask this question instead of the classic “what kind of music do you listen to”, it will give us a clue about their musical tastes and we will be able to get to know more personal data. If we also add a “why?”, we can find out what is behind this choice, if it brings back some memory or has some special meaning.
5. What was the name of your first pet?
This way we can find out if you have had pets or if you like animals without resorting to the typical question.
6. Which historical figure would you like to meet?
This is another classic question to get to know a person better. It gives us clues about their level of general culture and what they might be curious about.
7. Do you have an idol or person who inspires you?
Knowing who you admire can tell us a lot about your values.
8. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you choose?
This question is similar, but tells us instead what kind of life you value.
9. What is your favorite part of your body?
Another personal question that allows us to get to know someone well. and know how it is perceived.
10. What is the first thing you notice about a person?
If we have a romantic interest in the person we want to know more about, this question can give us clues about what attracts you most in someone.
11. What do you value most in a person?
This one can help us to know what personal traits you appreciate in other individuals.
12. What is your favorite article of clothing?
A simple question with which to break the ice in situations of silence and with which we can learn something more about that person. learn something more about the person.
13. What is your biggest pet peeve?
That person may have hobbies and eccentricities that we do not know. This question will help us get to know them a little better.
14. What would you say characterizes you or would be very much yours?
This gives us clues about how you perceive yourself or what you think makes you unique or represents you.
15. If you could choose, what superpower would you have?
Another of the classic questions to get to know a person better that can give us a good topic of conversation. It can tell us a lot about their hidden desires.
16. If you were an animal, what would you be?
This question can help us know how you see yourself and what traits you think define you.
17. What adjective do you think best describes you?
This is another way of knowing something more about the other person. and also tells us how he/she perceives him/herself.
18. What did you want to be when you were a child?
We’ve all wondered what we wanted to be when we were kids, so take the opportunity to find out more about their childhood desires; they may surprise us.
19. Do you keep a diary?
There is nothing more personal than a diary; and although we can’t know what they hide, your answer may reveal that this is someone who likes to write down their thoughts.
20. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
An interesting question that will make you reflect and reveal a lot about your life or how you live it.
21. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
Another question to get to know a person better that will tell us a lot about how he/she is and how he/she looks. will tell us a lot about how he/she is and what he/she looks like.
22. If you had to live in a fictional world, which one would you choose?
We are referring to fictional worlds created in literature or movies. This curious question reveals a lot about each other’s tastes.
23. What is the next country you would travel to?
This way we can learn more about the cultures you are interested in or what lifestyles interest you.
24. What has been your worst date?
In addition to knowing an interesting (and probably funny) anecdote, it will give us an opportunity to talk about your love life.
25. What has been the most embarrassing moment of your life?
Sharing situations that we find embarrassing. helps us become more intimate with the other person and improves the relationship.
26. Have you ever felt true love?
A profound question that reveals a lot about the other person’s feelings and relationships.
27. When was the last time you cried?
Another intimate question we can ask to move to a higher level of trust.
28. What do you consider the best day of your life?
Another question to get to know a person better that will reveal a lot about his or her experiences and what he or she values in life.
29. And the worst?
Asking the opposite question also gives us information about the events in your life or what you consider negative.
30. Is there anything that causes you remorse?
This is another another intimate question that will help us connect with the person and learn more about him or her. and learn more about them.
31. What is the weirdest thing you know how to do?
Asking about their skills is not something so intimate and we can ask it even if we have just met someone.
32. If you could live for a day in a different era, which one would you choose?
A curious topic of conversation that tells us your preferences and gives us a different topic of conversation to break the ice.
33. Are you addicted to anything?
It could be chocolate, shopping, smoking? Very valuable data about someone!
34. When was the last time you lied?
A recent lie can indicate that you are a habitual liar…
35. What hobby would you choose if money were not an issue?
Knowing each other’s interests is one of the best ways to get to know each other and find out if you share hobbies.
36. If you could have any job for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
Your ideal job can tell us what you are good at or what really motivates you.
37. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
A question to get to know someone better and improve the bond that exists.
38. Have you ever committed an illegal act?
This question reveals the person’s values and level of ethics.
39. Do you have any fantasies?
It is up to you to answer which one…
40. Would you like to have children?
An intimate question that reveals a lot about your plans for the future.
41. What bothers you most about a person?
This gives us information about their habits and can also help us to know what we should avoid doing in front of that person if we want to maintain a friendship with them.
42. What would an ideal day be like for you?
Another question to become more intimate with a person that allows us to know how he/she likes to spend his/her time and what he/she values in life.
43. If you could choose only one day of the year, which one would you choose?
It may seem like a simple question, but besides giving us a topic of conversation, it tells us a lot about the other person.
44. What do you consider yourself an expert in?
This question tells us what you excel at and can help us know what topics we can bring up to give you conversation.
45. What would you like to do or try that you haven’t already done?
It could be an unknown activity, a desired trip… something on your bucket list that you haven’t been able to do yet.
46. What would you spend your money on first if you won the lottery?
Classic question to get to know a person better and find out what their greatest desires in life are.
47. What is your favorite website?
If our Google searches could speak… The Internet says a lot about us. Ask him about his favorite website and you will discover more about their interests..
48. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
A guilty pleasure is an activity that we love but at the same time we are ashamed to admit because of what they might say.
49. Tell me a secret that few people know.
If the other person agrees to answer this question, we will have gotten to know him/her a little better and have generated a little more intimacy with him/her.
50. What do you think people think of you?
An unexpectedly profound question that reveals a lot about the person and the idea he/she has of him/herself.
51. What is the most traumatic situation you have experienced?
Almost all of us have lived through some very frightening circumstance that has marked us for the rest of our lives.
52. If you could be a movie superhero, which one would you be?
We can detect here if there is any aspect in which you would like to resemble a superman or a superwoman.
53. If you were given a million euros but with the condition of spending it all in less than 24 hours, what would be your shopping priorities?
Maybe with this question we can find out about the preferences or priorities in that person’s life, or if he/she is more spendthrift or thinks about the future.
54. What food that most people like, you can’t stand?
Culinary philias and phobias are a great topic of conversation.