There is a growing awareness of the importance of health.. One of the goals that everyone wants to achieve is to have a good life, and is that the goal is to live many years and do so in health and fullness.
It should be remembered that health does not only refer to physical well-being. It also includes the emotional aspect, and some great thinkers even talk about the spiritual part in their phrases about health. If there is a balance in these three areas, we can say that we are in good health.
- We recommend: “70 famous quotes about happiness to live with more joy”.
The 50 best quotes about health and how to live life
Throughout history great minds have spoken about how life should be lived.. They have left us phrases about health of great depth, which make us reflect on how to preserve it, what role it plays in our lives and why we should value it.
From The Women’s Guide we have compiled 50 phrases about health and the importance of living life. They are very useful to find a motivation or perhaps a reflection to understand the importance of health. There is no doubt that it is the fundamental basis that allows you to enjoy the rest of the things in life.
- You may want to read: “76 phrases about time, the passing of the years and memories”.
1. Happiness lies, first of all, in health. (George William Curtis)
When you are healthy, you can live with joy and move towards the goals you want to achieve.
2. A calm mind brings inner strength and self-esteem, which is very important for mental health. (Dalai Lama)
An infallible recipe from the Dalai Lama to achieve the much desired mental health.
3. To be happy it is enough to have good health and a bad memory. (Ingrid Bergman)
A bit of humor about how to find good health.
4. I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and inner peace, a connection to what matters. (Oprah Winfrey)
The famous American host makes an excellent reflection on how to feel happy.
5. A healthy mind in a healthy body (Tenth June Juvenal).
Undoubtedly a classic phrase that never goes out of style because it is full of truth.
6. You are what you eat. Don’t be fast, cheap or easy.
To have good health, you have to start with what you eat.
7. I am stronger than excuses.
A short but very powerful and motivating phrase to go ahead in the face of illness.
8. Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievements.
Health requires discipline, and this phrase expresses very well the importance of it.
9. Sweat, smile and exercise again.
A phrase about health to motivate anyone in exercise routines.
10. Health is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Undoubtedly a phrase full of truth that makes us reflect on what is really important.
- Other users have read: “100 phrases for Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr photos”.
11. Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering – an image of death. (Buddha)
Health is to be cherished. When we lose it we realize that it becomes difficult to enjoy and live equally.
12. The greatest folly is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Sometimes we give more importance to other things than to health.
13. Those who think they have no time for exercise will sooner or later have time for disease. (Edward Stanley)
Exercise helps to have a healthy body, and it is always necessary to have time to do it.
14. The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. (Joyce Meyer)
In addition to benefiting ourselves, good health is a gift to those around us.
15. Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account. (Anne Wilson Schaef)
You can’t buy health, you work for it. And it is the best investment you can make.
16. Health is not valued until sickness comes. (Thomas Fuller)
We never understand the importance of health until we lose it.
17. A good laugh and a good sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book (Irish proverb).
Laughing and rest are infallible methods of preserving health.
18. Man needs hardships; they are necessary for health (Carl Jung)
We should not let ourselves be defeated by problems, because sometimes they are an opportunity to continue to grow.
19. A healthy attitude is contagious, but don’t wait to take it from other people, be a carrier (Tom Stoppard).
This phrase by Tom Stoppard means that we must be the agents of change.
20. When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. (Billy Graham)
Money can be replaced, but health and a good attitude must always prevail.
- Other users have read: “100 phrases for Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr photos”.
21. If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live? Take care of your body before you take care of your house.
Before anything else we must take care of our body to be able to continue living.
22. The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. (Nikolai Lenin)
Even in adversity one must never lose hope and a good attitude.
23. Investing in health will yield enormous returns (Gro Harlem).
Do not spare efforts and resources for health, for it is the best of investments.
24. Diseases of the soul are more dangerous and more numerous than those of the body (Cicero).
Mental health is sometimes more difficult to preserve and more dangerous than physical health.
25. The doctor of the future will not treat the human body with drugs, but will prevent diseases with nutrition (Thomas Edison).
We should aim to prevent disease rather than treat it once it has appeared.
26. Our bodies are our gardens, our wills are our gardeners. (William Shakespeare)
Just as the brilliant phrase says, it is up to us to take care of our body.
27. Every patient carries his own doctor within him. (Norman Cousins)
We ourselves have the capacity to cure our soul and have the best disposition to take care of our body.
28. The natural forces within us are the true healers of disease. (Hippocrates)
This reflection also invites us to realize that many of the solutions are within us.
29. Let thy medicine be thy food, and food be thy medicine. (Hippocrates)
This phrase about health is truly memorable and full of reason.
30. Your body listens to everything your mind says. (Naomi Judd)
We must maintain a positive attitude and optimistic thoughts so that our body is also healthy.
- You might be interested in: “70 positive phrases to motivate you”.
31. To change, we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Sometimes when we hit rock bottom we decide to change, and that is what is needed.
32. An imaginary ailment is worse than an illness.
Not being able to find the reason for our illness can be a real torment.
33. Treasure the love you receive above all else. It will survive long after your health has faded. (Og Mandino)
It is inevitable that at some point health will fade, but the love we have sown will always endure.
34. It takes more than a good body. You have to have a heart and soul to go with it. (Epithet)
A healthy body is not enough to live well, you need to be in balance with your mind and soul.
35. Rest when you are tired. Refresh and renew your body, mind and spirit. Then get back to work. (Ralph Marston)
We must learn to listen to the body and give time to rest as well.
36. Our sickness is often our healing. (Mooji)
It is important not to be afraid of illness, because sometimes solutions are found through it.
37. Your happiness is a reflection of your health.
A phrase about health that makes us reflect on what we project on the basis of our health.
38. Health is a relationship between you and your body. (Terry Guillemet)
If we are in balance it is very likely that we are healthy.
39. Health is the greatest possession. Joy is the greatest treasure. Trust is the greatest friend. (Lao Tse)
Wise words that undoubtedly invite us to reflect on what is important in this life.
40. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. (Benjamin Franklin)
Having the routine of getting up when the sun rises makes a difference and brings people closer to fulfillment.
- You may want to read: “60 intelligent phrases, to think and reflect”.
41. To ensure a healthy life: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate joy, and maintain an interest in life. (William Londen)
Wise and effective advice on how to live a healthy life.
42. Physical activity is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, but the basis of a dynamic and creative intellectual activity. (John F. Kennedy)
If the body is exercised at the same time the mind is strengthened and liberated.
43. Everyone needs beauty and bread, places to play and to pray, where nature gives strength to body and soul. (John Muir)
To have a healthy life it is important not to forget the contact with nature.
44. Sleep is the golden chain that links health and body. (Thomas Dekker)
Resting is as important as exercising and eating well.
45. The mind has a great influence on the body, and diseases often have their origin there. (Jean Baptiste Molière)
A quote about health that highlights why it is important to have a positive mind.
46. The part can never be right unless the whole is right. (Plato)
We are well when our whole being is truly at peace. If there is something lacking that fails, it must be taken care of.
47. Sickness comes on horseback but leaves on foot. (Dutch proverb)
Often the onset of a disease is quicker than its eventual cure.
48. Life expectancy would increase by leaps and bounds if vegetables smelled as good as bacon. (Doug Larson)
A health phrase that puts a little humor on healthy eating.
49. In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, the sound of health is impossible. (Cicero)
It is necessary to have order, clarity of thought and discipline to be able to enjoy health.
50. Good humor is the health of the soul. Sadness is its poison. (Lord Chesterfield)
An excellent phrase about the need to put a little humor in life to live it to the fullest.
- You might be interested in: “60 motivational and inspirational phrases (to reflect)”.